This year-long, youth leadership program provides students with the opportunity to dive into social and environmental issues contributing to the global climate crisis. The Citizens Environmental Council (CEC) piloted the project in 2018 and continues to support it, along with the San Mateo County Office of Education and Peninsula Clean Energy.
YCA Program participants will:
- Connect with peers across the county and join a network of youth climate leaders
- Connect and network with local professionals working on climate change and sustainability
- Transform knowledge of climate change into local climate action
- Receive funding for their final project (up to $500)
- Receive a stipend for completing the program ($500 per student)
The program is open to all students currently in the 9th through 11th grades who live or go to school in San Mateo County. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on November 29.
Questions? Email Kamille Lang at [email protected].