Get paid to replace your lawn!
The “Lawn Be Gone!” rebate program is now available for Burlingame residents. By transforming your water-intensive lawn into a water-efficient landscape, you can receive a rebate of $2 per square foot, up to $500 per household. Rebates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to eligible applicants. Add a rain garden to your project and earn an additional $300 rebate! Check out this transformation example from Don, a Burlingame resident.
Join the trend of replacing traditional lawns with stylish landscaping. Water-efficient landscaping conserves water, is easy to maintain, and provides long-term benefits to the environment. For tips and inspiration, check out the “Water Wise Gardening” program here.
Must be eligible. Conditions apply. Artificial turf is not eligible for the “Lawn Be Gone!” program.
- Review eligibility requirements and conditions from BAWSCA
- Create an account and apply online
- Design your lawn conversion plan with BAWSCA Approved Plant List (Resource: Landscape Classes)
- Schedule a pre-conversion inspection and receive a Notice to Proceed
- Complete and submit your project through the online portal
- Receive the rebate as a credit on your water bill!
- For more information, check out BAWSCA’s website.