Your purchases can help benefit the Citizens Environmental Council (CEC) when you shop on AmazonSmile, use eScrip at your favorite store or buy gift cards with eScrip’s Benefit app. See below for details.
Here’s a link to recycling Amazon packaging, plus some other pro-environment-related elements of the Amazon experience. You may want to link it to an AmazonSmile notice/reminder.
If you’re having difficulty, please send an email to Marc Yelnick at [email protected].
Thanks for your help!
When you shop on AmazonSmile, the company donates 0.5 percent of every eligible purchase to an approved charitable organization, such as CEC.
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com/
- Click on “Account & Lists” in the upper right-hand corner, then click on “Your AmazonSmile” in the drop-down menu.
- Choose CEC (listed as “Citizens Environmental Council of Burlingame Inc.) as your designated charity.
- IMPORTANT: When you want to make an Amazon purchase, start by logging in at smile.amazon.com.
You may want to bookmark the smile.amazon.com URL. Or, if you want to be automatically directed to AmazonSmile whenever you log in to your Amazon account, you can easily install a program to accomplish this if you use Chrome, Safari or Firefox as your browser.
You can also help CEC by signing up for eScrip, which automatically donates a percentage of your purchases to approved nonprofits when you shop at approved local vendors, including restaurants and online merchants.
Here’s how to designate CEC on eScrip:
- Go to Scrip,, set up a free account and select “CEC Burlingame” as the organization you wish to support.
- Next, register your credit or loyalty card(s) and the phone number you usually use for checkout.
- You can visit https://www.escrip.com/wheretoearn/ to see stores, local restaurants and other vendors that participate in the eScrip program and sign up for the ones you patronize. These include Lucky, Mollie Stone’s, Draeger’s Market, Lunardi’s, Trag’s and many others.
- When you shop, you must give the retailer your registered credit or loyalty card (or your phone number) for a portion of your purchase to be donated to CEC.
The Benefit app by eScrip lets you buy gift cards from many popular retailers and donate 3 to 20 percent of your purchases toward a qualified charity.
Here’s how to sign up:
- On your smartphone, search for “Benefit” in the app store or go to https://www.escrip.com/merchants/identity/benefit-mobile/consumer.jsp and download the Benefit app for Android or iPhone.
- Set up an account and select “CEC Burlingame” as your preferred nonprofit. Link your checking account or credit card to your account.